Road Reconstruction and Paving Work on Forest Street
A Notice from Cambridge Department of Public Works:
On Monday, October 1st (weather permitting), crews will begin full depth road construction on Forest Street. This work will be done in phases:
Phase 1: Forest St (Mass Ave to Frost Street) – during construction, Forest Street will be CLOSED to through traffic. Vehicle access in and out of driveways will be restricted during work hours 7:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please plan vehicle trips accordingly.
- Notices will be sent out before the next Phase begins.
- Work hours are 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday.
Traffic Plan during Construction
- Forest Street will be closed.
- The Forest-Frost Street intersection will be closed. Access to Forest Street will be from Oxford Street, Police details will be in place to assist residents.
- Emergency vehicles will have access at all times.
What to Expect during Construction
- “No Parking” signs will be posted; please be sure to check dates/times. Traffic signs and police details will be in place to assist neighbors.
- Pedestrian access and access into properties will be maintained at all times, with minor interruptions.
For Information or Assistance
If you have any questions regarding construction, please call Eric Breen, Project Manager, at (617) 349-6954 or email@example.com. Please also contact Tracy Dwyer, Administrative Assistant-Engineering at (617) 349-4826 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any special need or disability that requires special accommodations.
Updated flyers will be distributed to the neighborhood prior to phase 2 and 3.
- Phase 2: Forest St (Frost Street to Oxford Street) – starting Tuesday, October 9th (weather permitting)
- Phase 3: Forest St (Oxford Street to the Somerville line) – starting Monday, October 15th (weather permitting)