Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Our staff join us from all walks of life yet have a common interest in work that is professional, community-oriented, and part-time. We are an inclusive community and all are encouraged to apply. We strongly believe in the value of diversity and aim to build a team that represents people of many races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and those who do not speak English as their first language.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Afterschool Kindergarten Coordinator
Click here to download a PDF of the Kindergarten Coordinator position. Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume as a single document directed to Molly Juhlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should say “Afterschool Kindergarten Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
Outback Summer Program Teachers
We are currently hiring for our Outback Summer Program. Please read the full Outback Summer Program Teacher job description below.
We also are hiring the following positions (below) to add to our Outback Team. Click on the links to download PDF descriptions.
Outback Summer Program Teacher
Do you love working with children? Are you creative, energetic and hardworking? Are you a dance teacher and want to share your passion for dance with children? Do you want to work in a welcoming, supportive, inclusive, collaborative, committed, team-oriented environment that values your unique interests, talents, experiences and background? We want you on our team!
Agassiz Baldwin Community is a place that nurtures individual growth and creativity, builds connections, and serves as a forum for community advocacy.
We believe in:
- Welcoming and including everyone
- Lifelong learning
- Fostering a culture of creativity and cooperation
Outback serves children from 4-11 years old by providing an engaging and enriching curriculum throughout the summer in Agassiz Baldwin’s big backyard! Each week, Outback offers a range of activities including arts, games, sports, ceramics, drama, and dance. Each Monday, children pick their activities for the week. Our teaching team is creative, energetic, and collaborative. We work hard and have fun! Outback Summer Program teachers come from all backgrounds and interests and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants.
- Available for the entire 8 week summer program (July 3-August 25, 2017)
- CPR and 1st Aid Certified or a willingness to get certified (training date is June 23)
- Available for Staff Orientation on June 26-27)
- Candidates must have at least two years of experience teaching or working with children (ages 5-13) and be able to engage a group size of 13 children.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and safely supervise children.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work.
- A creative and flexible spirit that reflects an openness to learn and a willingness to problem-solve.
- A deep, personal commitment to supporting all children to be their best and a strong sense of empathy for children’s diverse needs.
- Must be 18 years or older and preference given to applicants with a BA or educational background in dance, education or related field.
Commitments and Responsibilities:
- Prepare two or three hour long activities a day that will engage, challenge, and excite children.
- Resolve behavioral concerns appropriately and complete injury reports as needed.
- Prioritize keeping children safe and accounted for throughout their time in the summer program.
- Support program requirements with preparation of snacks, maintenance of the space, and other duties as assigned.
- Bring your best self to work everyday and be prepared to work hard, contribute to a team, take initiative, be creative, and be a strong, consistent and positive role model to a diverse group of students.
We have morning shifts and afternoon shifts available. Teachers work Monday-Friday.
Opportunities to join the team early or continue teaching during our school year programs are available.
Our teaching staff join us from all walks of life yet have a common interest in work that is professional, child-focused, consistent, and part-time. We are an inclusive community and artists, musicians, coaches, semi-retired individuals, parents, college and graduate students, etc. are all encouraged to apply. We strongly believe in the value of diversity and aim to build a team that represents people of many races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and those who do not speak English as their first language. Employment is dependent on completing a background and fingerprint check.
Interested candidates should reply to this post with a cover letter and resume as a single document directed to Molly Juhlin at email@example.com. The subject of the email should say “Outback Teacher” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).