Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Maud Morgan Arts Afterschool Teacher
Agassiz Baldwin Afterschool and Maud Morgan Arts are seeking an Art & Afterschool Program Teacher for our vibrant, creativity based Afterschool program for Kindergarten and 1st-5th Grade.
Individuals with education experience are ideal candidates. This teacher will have two main responsibilities: collaborate with Maud Morgan Faculty to support Kindergarten Art Classes and be accountable for all art students coming through the Afterschool Program. The teacher will also support (and be supported by) the Kindergarten and 1st-5th Afterschool teams. We work hard, have fun and are passionate about creativity and self-expression, culture and community. Our teachers come from all backgrounds and interests. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants!
- Candidates must have experience working with preschool or kindergarten aged children.
- Great classroom supervision.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a visual arts background or art education background
- Available for the entire school year (September 2015-June 21, 2016).
- Qualified candidates should reply to this post with a cover letter and resume attached as a single word doc or pdf directed to the Molly Juhlin, Director of Children’s Programs.
- Use “Art & Afterschool Program Teacher” as the subject of your email.
- Please include your availability in your cover letter.
- We are only able to respond to candidates who are offered an interview for the position.
- No phone calls please.
Schedule: 20 hours / Week, Monday-Friday 2:00-6:00 pm, following the Cambridge Public School Schedule with the potential for more hours during school vacation weeks and Outback Summer Program. There are 2-3 staff meetings each month that begin at 12:30 pm.
Other open afterschool and preschool positions:
- Homework Teacher (This teacher will work with the 1st-5th Grade Afterschool Team and will specialize in homework support.)
- Preschool Assistant Teacher (This teacher will support the preschool program from 9:15-12:15.)
Donor Relations and Development Intern
The Donor Relations and Development Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the Development Coordinator to implement the fundraising plan, and assist in a broad variety of fundraising tasks, grant writing, events and database support, and other tasks as needed. This internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable non-profit experience.
The intern will be responsible for many administrative functions, and will work as part of our development team to:
- Create and implement donor acquisition strategies, including events, sponsorship, and campaigns
- Develop a donor stewardship strategy
- Manage a caseload of donors to provide direct relationship management
- Produce donor communications, including newsletters, mailers, gift receipts, etc.
- Update the database and make sure have the latest donor information on our systems.
- Assisting in drafting and updating current templates for improved donor retention efforts such as acknowledgement letters, appeals and thank you letters
- Assist with event planning logistics
- Research on foundations and corporate donors.
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize project deadlines
Hours and Information: The start date is immediate with flexible hours. The intern would preferably be in our office during morning time (9:00 am–1:00 pm), but remote work with regular communication with the director is also an option.
This is an unpaid internship.
To Apply: email resume to Diana Montenegro at firstname.lastname@example.org