Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Our staff join us from all walks of life yet have a common interest in work that is professional, community-oriented, and part-time. We are an inclusive community and all are encouraged to apply. We strongly believe in the value of diversity and aim to build a team that represents people of many races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and those who do not speak English as their first language.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Kindergarten Site Coordinator at Agassiz Baldwin Afterschool
Kindergarten Coordinator for Agassiz Baldwin Afterschool
Do you love working with children? Are you creative, energetic and hardworking? Are you excited to support children, families, and teaching staff during Out of School time? Do you want to work in a welcoming, supportive, inclusive, collaborative, committed, team-oriented environment that values your unique interests, talents, experiences and background? We want you on our team! The Kindergarten Coordinator is a 30 hour/week, benefited position on the Children’s Programs Team.
Our Afterschool program serves Kindergarten and 1st-5th Grades by providing an engaging and enriching curriculum and daily activities that include organized sports and games, arts and crafts, cooking, homework assistance, and free activity time every day. Each afternoon, children choose their activities from the menu of teachers’ options. Past activities and clubs have included jewelry making, philosophy, origami, gymnastics, juggling, batik, fashion design, gardening and more! The Kindergarten Coordinator is a key member of the leadership team at Agassiz Baldwin Community. This person will help set the tone and culture of our Kindergarten Afterschool Program. Key responsibilities include mentoring and coaching the Kindergarten teaching team, modeling best practices for Adult-Child Interactions, providing feedback on curriculum ideas and activities, maintaining licensing requirements, being an on-the-ground problem solver, communicating with the families, and partnering with Site Directors to help meet the needs of all of the Children’s Programs.
- Available and committed to work weekday afternoons 12 pm-6 pm during the school year (September to June) with additional hours for meetings, trainings, professional development and events. During the summer program (July and August), the leadership team hours are either 8 am-3 pm or 10 am-6 pm.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience with preschool or kindergarten aged children.
- Have a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Education/Teaching, Early Education or related field or are currently studying those fields
- Experience with staff supervision or leadership experience in another setting
- Ability to model best teaching practices, curriculum implementation, and behavior management in a Kindergarten setting
- Experience with administrative tasks
Commitments and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of high quality afterschool and summer programs
- Support and lead a wonderful team of teachers
- Daily management of children’s attendance, behavior management, safety procedures and facility
- Daily communication with families, teachers and program directors
- Support program requirements with preparation of snacks, maintenance of the space, pick up of children from buses or classrooms, and other duties as assigned
- Prioritize keeping children safe and accounted for throughout their time in after school
- Commit to 20 hours of Professional Development time throughout the year (paid)
- Bring your best self to work everyday and be prepared to work hard, contribute to a team, take initiative, be creative, and be a strong, consistent and positive role model to a diverse group of students
$18.00/hour with benefits
- Medical and dental insurance, paid sick, paid holiday, paid vacation, life insurance, and retirement matching
- Free dental insurance for employees working at least 20 hours/week
- Opportunities to work additional hours throughout the year
- Opportunity to receive vouchers for Lesley University classes
- Professional Development and opportunities to access professional learning communities
- Summer work
- Opportunities for reduced tuition for classes in our Children’s Programs or Maud Morgan Arts Programs upon supervisor approval
Our Afterschool staff join us from all walks of life yet have a common interest in work that is professional, child-focused, consistent, and part-time. We are an inclusive community and artists, musicians, coaches, semi-retired individuals, parents, college and graduate students, etc. are all encouraged to apply. We strongly believe in the value of diversity and aim to build a team that represents people of many races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and those who do not speak English as their first language. Employment is dependent on completing a background and fingerprint check.
Interested candidates should reply to this post with a cover letter and resume as a single document directed to Samantha Eaton and Molly Juhlin at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is January 31, 2017.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).