Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Early Education Site Director
Agassiz Baldwin Children’s Program seeks an educator/administrator for the position of Early Education Site Director. The Early Education Site Director will manage Sacramento Street Preschool and Agassiz Baldwin Community Kindergarten Afterschool Programs during the academic year in addition to the Kindergarten Outback summer program.
- Program administration including: managing children’s files, program outreach, event planning and maintaining Department of Education and Care (EEC) and NAEYC licensing regulations.
- Oversight of high quality kindergarten and preschool programs including: curriculum development, developmental referrals and classroom management.
- Supervising, supporting, and inspiring team of early education teachers (preschool and kindergarten after school staff), specialists and interns in their professional growth.
- Daily management of children’s attendance, behavior management, safety procedures and facility.
- Daily communication with families by phone, email and in person.
- Leading preschool tours and managing wait list for prospective families.
- Outreach and coordination of infant/toddler community playgroup.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of early education.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience with preschool and/or early education (grades K-2).
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience in early education, including supervision of classroom teachers and staff.
- Candidate must have demonstrated excellence working in cooperative, team-oriented environments and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work.
- Ideal candidates will also have excellent verbal and written communication, take initiative, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic child centered work place.
- Preschool lead teacher or director certified through Mass Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) a plus.
Positions offers year round employment during school year and summer program.
Hours vary between 8:00 am-4:00 pm and 10:00 am-6:00 pm (Monday through Friday) with the expectation that there will be a few weekend days during the year for community events, open houses, etc.
- Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a single document directed to email@example.com. Please use “Early Education Site Director Position” as the email subject line.
- Deadline to submit an application is March 13th, 2015.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who are offered an interview for the position.
- No phone calls please.
Annual salary range: $34,000-$38,000, including benefits (medical, dental, paid sick, paid holiday, paid vacation, life insurance, retirement matching).
Agassiz Baldwin Community staff comes from all backgrounds and interests and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants!