Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Kindergarten and 1st-5th Grade Afterschool Teachers
Artists, musicians, athletes and scientists with some education experience are ideal candidates for Agassiz Baldwin Afterschool. Teachers, in collaboration with the 1st-5th Grade Team or the Kindergarten Team, develop and lead activities and lessons in visual arts, sports, cooking, math/science activities and more. Our teaching team is creative, energetic and collaborative. We work hard, have fun and are passionate about creativity and self-expression, culture and community. Our after school teachers come from all backgrounds and interests. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants!
- Candidates must have at least one year of experience working with school aged children.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate excellence in developing a variety of age- appropriate activities with an emphasis on collaboration and community building.
- Available for the entire school year (September 8, 2015-June 21, 2016).
- Qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume attached as a single word doc or pdf directed to the Molly Juhlin, Director of Children’s Programs.
- Use “Afterschool Teacher” as the subject of your email.
- Please include your availability in your cover letter.
- If you would like to be considered for other positions at Agassiz Baldwin please indicate which positions in your cover letter (DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS)
- Deadline to submit an application is August 20th, 2015.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who are offered an interview for the position.
- No phone calls please.
Schedule: Hours are Monday-Friday 2:00-6:00 pm with the potential for more hours during school vacation weeks and Outback Summer Program. There are 2-3 staff meetings each month that begin at 12:30 pm.
Other open positions:
- Homework Teacher (This teacher will work with the 1st-5th Grade Afterschool Team and will specialize in homework support.)
- Preschool Assistant Teacher (This teacher will support the preschool program from 9:15-12:15.)