Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is an energetic agency supported by a dedicated and hardworking team. Our staff combine different talents —from visual art to early childhood education to years of experience bringing about positive change in the community —to create a robust fabric of personalities, passions, and skills. ABC offers a competitive salary and benefits package to full time staff.
Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Creative and Energetic Summer Teachers Needed
Outback Summer Program is seeking Teachers and Art Educators for a vibrant, high quality Kindergarten-6th grade summer program. Teachers will develop and teach activities that engage a sense of wonder about the world we live in through arts, science, drama, cooperative games, sports, cooking and more. Other duties may include: program set-up and clean-up, prepping snack, helping oversee lunch and recess and chaperoning local field trips. The program operates out of our large, tree-shaded backyard, with access to school classrooms and a gym. Our teaching team is creative, energetic and collaborative. We work hard, have fun and have a passion for art and multi-cultural education. Outback teachers come from all backgrounds and interests and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants.
- Outback Summer Program runs from July 5th – August 26th. A full eight-week commitment is required in addition to program set-up the week prior.
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm -or- 12:00-6:00 pm.
- Thursday are field trips to local area beaches, with required hours of 7:30 am-3:00 pm
To be considered, candidates must:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience working with school-age children, enjoy working as a team and have the ability to inspire.
- Have demonstrated excellence in leading group art and/or educational activities in a classroom or out-of-school time setting.
- Be highly responsible and have confidence in group management and/or conflict resolution.
- Be 18 years or older and hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field (arts, education, social work, community or performing arts).
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter stating your 1) teaching focus, 2) why you want to work at Outback, and 3) a current resume to email@example.com
- Candidates must use “Outback Summer Teacher” as the subject line to be considered.
Compensation is $15 per hour.
Lifeguard for Summer Program Beach Trips
Outback Summer Program seeks a responsible, energetic and experienced lifeguard to accompany the program for beach field trips. Outback will have two lifeguards who will assist in supervising 110 children on the oceanfront. We visit the areas most beautiful beaches, including Singing Beach, Stage Fort Park and Crane Beach. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants!
- Outback beach trips take place each Thursday, between July 5th and August 26th. A full eight-week commitment is required.
- Beach trip hours are Thursdays, 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Be 18-years or older.
- Hold current and up to date certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard Training. Certifications must be valid through August 31, 2016.
- 2 years experience life guarding for school-age children preferred (ages 4-13).
- Have a record of excellence in safety and responsibility, great energy and a positive attitude.
- Interested candidates should reply with their cover letter and resume to “Outback Lifeguard Position” as the subject line.
- Deadline to apply is: Tuesday, May 31st, 2016.
Compensation is $15 per hour based on experience.
Sports and Games Teacher at Outback Summer Program
Agassiz Baldwin’s Outback Summer Program is seeking a teacher with a focus on physical education, sports, and active games and activities for a vibrant summer program. Outback offers children in grades K-6th grade daily choices in arts, crafts, cooperative games, recreational sports, cooking, math/science activities and more. Our teaching team is creative, energetic and collaborative. We work hard, have fun and have a passion for providing enriching activities for children. Agassiz Baldwin staff comes from all backgrounds and interests and we welcome a diverse pool of applicants!
- Recreational sports instructor with minimum of one year of experience teaching children ages 6-11.
- Ability to engage a group size of 13 children and share your passion for athletics and sportsmanship!
- Have working knowledge of both traditional sports: soccer, basketball, baseball and non-traditional sports: kick ball, capture the flag, relay races, obstacle courses, hula hoops, general fitness.
- Creativity and flexibility!
- Interest in providing diverse activities, especially cooperative and international sports.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and safely supervise children.
- Resolve behavioral concerns appropriately and complete injury reports as needed.
- Walk children safely between locations and oversee transitions.
- Experience working on a collaborative and dynamic team.
- Available for the entire summer program (July-August).
- Qualified candidates should reply to this post with a cover letter and resume attached as a single word doc or pdf directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “Outback Sports Teacher” as the subject of your email.
- Please include your availability in your cover letter.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who are offered an interview for the position.
- No phone calls please.
Schedule: Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-2 pm or 1 pm-6 pm.