Scholarship Program Goals
The Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is committed to providing accessible, high quality children’s programs. We strongly value a diverse population of children and families and strive to maintain an environment that reflects economic, racial and cultural diversity. To help achieve this end, we have funds allocated for scholarships for Sacramento Street Preschool, ABC Kindergarten Afterschool, ABC 1st-5th Afterschool, and Outback Summer Program. Agassiz Baldwin Scholarships are intended for families who are not eligible for a state childcare voucher. For details on voucher eligibility, please visit the Child Care Choices of Boston website at www.ChildCareChoicesofBoston.org or call (617) 542-5437.
Limited scholarships are available for children who need financial support to attend children’s programs at Agassiz Baldwin Community. Recipients of our scholarship awards often receive public assistance (WIC, food stamps, Section 8 housing, free or reduced lunch). Our need-based system of awarding scholarships takes into account gross monthly income, family size, and personal hardship. We are committed to providing open communication and encourage you to contact Registration for guidance if you have any questions or concerns about your eligibility.
- Scholarship Application Form
- 1040 Tax Form
- 2 Pay Stubs
- Optional Scholarship Documents can be submitted with the application to demonstrate eligibility.
Please note, families must reapply for scholarships for each new program.
Procedure and Timeline
- Register your child online. When checking out, use the discount code SCH2018 when checking out to waive the registration deposit. If you require assistance, please contact Ashley Yee, Registration Manager. Ashley can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617.349.6287 x 28.
- Submit a completed Scholarship Application, the required documents, and any supporting documents to Registration. Scholarships for Outback 2017 are due by April 28, 2017.
- Scholarship applications will be considered on a rolling basis until spots are filled. Please allow 3-4 weeks for calculation of your award.
How Scholarships are Funded
The amount of money available for scholarships will be determined by the board at Agassiz Baldwin Community. Additional grant money is also raised to expand scholarships and for special scholarship programs.
Vouchers & Other Assistance
ABC accepts vouchers distributed through Child Care Choices of Boston. Scholarship applicants who meet voucher income eligibility should first apply for a voucher, since they usually pay a higher percentage of tuition than ABC scholarships. Many churches, organizations and work places, including universities, also have scholarship programs. We urge all scholarship applicants to pursue these programs if available to them.
Contact Ashley Yee, Registration Manager, at email@example.com or at 617.346.6287 x 28 or Molly Juhlin, Director of Children’s Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617.349.6287 x11 for more information.
Scholarship Application and Guidelines