What is YEP?
YEP (Youth Employment Program) is a program of the Agassiz Baldwin Community that provides middle school youth with the opportunity to volunteer in the community, learn job skills and gain leadership experience. YEPpers will learn and practice important things such as being on time, filling out a job application, filling out a time sheet, following directions, taking initiative, completing tasks, etc. Each position is different so read the descriptions carefully before applying. There are a variety of YEP positions during the school year and Counselor in Training (CIT) positions during the summer.
1st-5th Grade Afterschool Teacher in Training (TNT)
Maud Morgan Arts Teacher in Training (TNT)
Vacation Week Teacher in Training (TNT)
Agassiz Baldwin Office Assistant
Outback Summer Counselor in Training (CIT)
School Year Positions:
- Download and print both the YEP Student Application and the YEP Permission Form
- Give the YEP Permission form to your parent or guardian to fill out. You cannot apply without permission.
- Review the current openings and see which positions interest you.
- Complete both sides of the YEP Student Application. Do not leave anything blank.
- Return both forms together to Maria Laine, Director of Children’s Programs at 20 Sacramento Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 by the deadline.
- Applicants may be asked to attend a brief interview and/or an orientation before they begin their position.
- Placements will be emailed prior to the start of the session.
CIT Summer Positions:
- Registration for summer is moving online! Check back in February.
- New applicants will be interviewed. All CITs will attend a mandatory orientation in June.
- All Spring 2013 Positions due January 15th
- Outback CIT 2013 due March 14th