What is YEP?
YEP (Youth Employment Program) is a program of the Agassiz Baldwin Community that provides middle school youth with the opportunity to volunteer in the community. During the school year, YEP students (often referred to as YEPs), support various programs at Agassiz Baldwin.
Am I eligible for the School Year YEP Program?
- Are you in 6th, 7th, or 8th Grade?
- Are you available for the phone interview and the full session?
- Are you excited to volunteer in your community?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you are the perfect candidate to be a YEP at Agassiz Baldwin Community!
How can I benefit from the YEP Program?
- Gain valuable work experience that will help in future jobs and applications!
- Meet new people! YEPs help in our Afterschool Programs for Kindergarteners and Elementary Aged children. Other YEPs a Maud Morgan Art Class. Some YEP students help an Agassiz Baldwin staff member and as an Office Assistant!
- YEPs earn a $75 stipend after successfully completing their session.
When are the school year YEP sessions?
There are three sessions during the school year. We ask that students commit to one weekday for the entire session. Application due dates are listed next to each session.
- Fall YEP Session: September 26, 16-December 23, 2016 (Application due September 16, 2016)
- Winter YEP Session: January 17, 2017-March, 31, 2017 (Application due December 16, 2016)
- Spring YEP Session: April 3, 2017-June 19, 2017 (Application due March 17)
How do I become a YEP?
- Fill out an application and submit it by the due date.
- Ask your parent or guardian to fill out the registration and permissions.
- Interview for the position (we will schedule a phone interview with you).
- Meet your Staff Supervisor for an Orientation.
Questions? Do you need help?
Email YEP@agassiz.org or call Ashley Yee at (617) 497-4284 between 4:00 and 5:00 pm.